March 31, 2023
Are We In Decline?
It is with a heavy heart that I write this report about my beautiful adopted country and regrettably have to speak of its gradual decline. The truth is that every day I am witnessing the shenanigans coming out of Washington and from our high-level officials that lend credence to my feelings. For example:
- Why are we abandoning self-control and leaving our way of life decisions under the auspices of the World Economic Forum (WEF) and ESG (Environment, Social, Government) ideology? Did we just let go of our cherished “American Exceptionalism”, free market, self-reliance, and American can-do attitude and let outside governments dictate our future well-being? Is this the way we want to be governed?
- Why do we no longer hear what is good for America and the American people, but instead focused on what we can do for others? Why do we allow millions to pour into our country, providing food, education, medical and legal support all at taxpayers’ expense, while we burden our citizens with high gas prices, inflation, and taxes? Would someone please tell me why is this a good policy?
- Why do we no longer trust our judicial system and allow rogue prosecutors and corrupt officials to selectively exercise a dual system of justice for political and personal gains? Why is it that DOJ took no action on the riots of 2020 when it caused 2 billion dollars in damage, 150 officers’ injuries, and 19 killings, while it is imprisoning God-fearing American people in solitary confinement for demonstrating their constitutional rights? Does the phrase “No one is above the law” mean anything anymore?
- Why have we allowed this convoluted “woke” ideology of so-called DEI (Diversity, Equity, Inclusion) to permeate into every aspect of our lives from our education systems to financial institutions, corporations, and government bureaucracies? Have we forgotten that this country lost over 600,000 brave soles to abolish slavery? And sadly our institutions are ever increasingly relying on the “color of skin” contrary to Doctor Martin Luther King’s message of the “content of character”. And in the process, merit, integrity, and competencies are replaced with mediocrity, dishonesty, and sex/race placing officials in highly responsible positions, who are not fit for the job. Is this really diversity or an ideology determined on dividing us?
- Why are we so bent on relying upon foreign governments for our energy, critical medical, science, and technology needs when we have every opportunity and resource to be self-sufficient? Does this make any sense to place our national security at risk?
- Why are we becoming so timid that our adversaries no longer fear us by invading other countries, threatening to annex other areas, and inciting unrest against us, while we are hesitant about shooting down some foreign balloons invading our sovereign air space?
I can go on and on, but by now you will see my despair and why I think our country is in decline. We cannot allow this to proceed any further sacrificing our constitutional rights in favor of the dystopian nightmare of failed socialism/communism and nonsense “woke” ideologies. With the upcoming election in 2024, we need to be smart and elect true American patriots, who would preserve our constitutional rights and stand for American values first. We need to elect patriots who put personal gains and party affiliations aside and work to make life better for all and for our future generation.
Let’s not lose sight of the fact that even with its flaws and shortcomings, America is still the best country in the world and I rather live nowhere but in the great State of Texas.
Mo Saiidi, Chair
Gillespie County Republican Party